[NSRCA-discussion] Toledo opinion

Peter Vogel vogel.peter at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 07:31:14 AKST 2020

>From my company’s perspective (Intuit) we’re taking no risks.  Major travel restrictions for employees, everyone who can do their job from home is now required to do so beginning Monday, we created new sick leave policy to ensure that anyone sick or caring for someone sick or caring for a child whose school has closed isn’t burning paid time off.

There’s hype, but, when you look at the real scientific data, there’s very good reason for concern .  The replication rate on this (2.5) is far worse than most flu (1.2) and worse than the Spanish flu (1.8) of 1918.  The way you manage something like this is by putting control measures in place early (minimize large gatherings of people, etc) to shrink the peak infection level.  It extends the lifespan of the concern, but reduces the peak # of infected significantly thereby making medical response for those who need it much more effective.

Peter+