[NSRCA-discussion] Nats Registration

Monte Richard mrichard at compassengineering.com
Thu Mar 5 05:14:36 AKST 2020

Mark

Once upon a time I too thought why close registration a month before the event. But after being involved with executing the Nats, I have found that those 4 weeks are a major scramble to finalize all the flight orders, judging assignments, programing issues for scoring, preparing and printing all the material for the pilot packets, creating contestant badges, stuffing all the packet envelopes, and executing all the other pressing matters to finalize preparations for the nats. Adding late registrants to the mix means almost starting over due to the effect it has on the computerized pilots schedules and judging assignments. All these volunteers who do all these tasks to put on the event also have jobs and families they need to attend to during that 4 weeks, so even though it seems like a lot of time to get it done, in reality, it is a monumental task especially is a team selection year.

In order to help the event run smoother and lighten the considerable load on the volunteers that plan and put on the event , we are asking for everyone to sign up a little earlier.

Sorry if this is an inconvenience, but it really helps those preparing the event.

Monte Richard
2019/20 AMA Pattern Nats ED
2021 F3A World Championship ED
AMA 5581, FAI USA5581, NSRCA 4469