[NSRCA-discussion] Plettenberg Advance 30-10 ESC - Questions

Larry Diamond Larryd at diamondrc.com
Thu Jun 4 18:45:20 AKDT 2020

I’m getting ready to build an Alchemy and committed to buying another plane that should arrive late August/early September, and will have it built/delivered RTF. Both will get a new Plettenberg Advance 30-10. I’ve purchased the Pletty for both planes already.

This is a big change for me as I have been flying a Himax 6330-210 Pro w/ a Castle HV80 ESC since 2011. This set up has been reliable for me, but I am ready for a change.

I really like the Castle ESCs, but I don’t want to fight the Pletty. Also I have seen some data that the Pletty can pull up around 90+ Amps based on some posts I have read on various forums. I don’t know if it is normal for a Pletty to be over 80 Amps.

What is the preferred ESC for the Pletty?

What settings for the ESC?

How is your Throttle Curve set up? I have a Futaba 18sz.

I will likely be flying a Falcon 3 blade 19  x 13.5    to   20 x 12.5

Best Regards,

Larry Diamond

(812) 630-9592