[NSRCA-discussion] Lipo - Repair/replace balance tap? Or repin?

EARL HAURY ejhaury at comcast.net
Wed Jan 8 10:34:14 AKST 2020

Jim

Shouldn't need to replace the balance connectors within the life of the pack. However, they do oxidize (look to be just tin plated) and regular cleaning is good practice. I prefer Deoxit 5 which is available from Amazon.

Sometimes, on lower price packs, the balance lead is a low strand count and not all of them make it into the crimped connector. Over time these will loosen and result in high resistance / inaccurate cell voltage reading. The female sockets can be removed from the housing, one at a time please!, by pressing on the tab (similar to servo connectors) and soldered.

Earl