[NSRCA-discussion] The thrill of the addiction, and other random thoughts

mups53 mups53 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 09:30:14 AKST 2020

JimWe're all addicted to something aren't we? I've always told my wife it beats some of the alternatives. Life without a passion wouldn't be as much fun. Mike Mueller Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Jim Quinn via NSRCA-discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org> Date: 1/5/20  9:23 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: Vicente Bortone <vincebrc at gmail.com>, General pattern discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org> Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] The thrill of the addiction,	and other random thoughts Well said!A new hobby shop recently opened in Binghamton, NY.I think it is a chain, dedicated mostly to cars.Its name is SMALL ADDICTIONS!Are we addicted?Absolutely.Happy New Year.On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 7:12 PM Vicente Bortone via NSRCA-discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org> wrote:Hi Don,Yes, I was just talking with my best half.  She is getting those days off at work.  I made hotel reservations already.  I noticed that the particular hotel has only two rooms available.  Therefore, if anyone is planing to go I suggest to reserve hotels asap.  I really don't know how reliable is the hotel information but it is better to do it as soon as possible just in case.Vicente "Vince" BortoneOn Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 5:46 PM Don Ramsey <donramsey at gmail.com> wrote:Happy New Year to you.  Hope to see you at the NATSDon From: NSRCA-discussion [mailto:nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org] On Behalf Of Vicente Bortone via NSRCA-discussionSent: Saturday, January 4, 2020 1:23 PMTo: General pattern discussion; tocdon at netscape.netSubject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] The thrill of the addiction, and other random thoughts Don, Very nice.  Happy New Year    On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 11:30 AM Don Szczur via NSRCA-discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org> wrote:A New Year and a past decade.  Was cleaning out the basement workshop for the next F3P build and came across a November 2010 Model Aviation- NATS edition.  I must say that thoughts and emotions began to flow, reflecting on the last decade.   There was mention by Al Glenn of Riley and Joseph battling it out in Advanced.  Mention of Andrew and the ETOC that year.  Its been a great decade, a real ride.  I reflect quietly as several friends and co-workers have passed away suddenly over the past week.   Have to take the time to reflect.  Enjoy past memories and the importance of making the best of those to come.  Clumps of clay and the canvas of flight. Weather was nice this week.  Temperature above normal.  Winter practice season.  I scramble to finish the last work email of the day and shut the computer down as the sun is making its way to set.  That small tickle in the core of the NAc. Some say this hobby is an addictive. Jump in the car and to the field I go. Working through F sequence. Its like clumps of clay, molding each maneuver, building each element. Just like the base of a pyramid.  General centering, rough geometry. Learning to stay ahead of each maneuver, or at least keep up with the sequence. Three pinch points- those with more pucker than I can remember in past sequences.  The times when breath gets short, adrenaline starts to flow.  The exit radius of the center humpty.  The 3rd radius of the horizontal rolling square.  The rudder transitions approaching the bottom of the rolling loop.  Want to get the basics of the sculpture done before the winds pick up in the Spring.  We are all artists and the box is our canvas.  The wind is absolutely calm.   Today is a rare one.  Pure joy.  This is why we do this pattern stuff. Share the addiction. The hobby has changed. Field gates are locked.  Training sessions are scheduled.  Fewer young folks involved.  Lon is working on the wind tunnel for the MASC.  Hope to roll it out mid-January for the students.  Schedule a field trip for students to visit another school with a similar student club.  Get the parents involved.  Get the fathers involved.  We got the gym.  First session is tomorrow morning, the NVRC indoor so its time to get the planes ready.  Enjoy your New Year! Don    _______________________________________________NSRCA-discussion mailing listNSRCA-discussion at lists.nsrca.orghttp://lists.nsrca.org/mailman/listinfo/nsrca-discussion-- Vicente "Vince" Bortone