[NSRCA-discussion] Judging Question

Don Ramsey donramsey at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 05:32:10 AKDT 2020

I have researched this reasonably thoroughly and concluded that the centered top hat is no longer required to have equal length legs in AMA.  The last reference to them being equal was in 2009.  The current AMA Competition Regulations doesn’t mention the top hat and the current maneuver description says nothing about them being equal.  The maneuver must start and end at the same altitude so the verticals need to be the same.  Conclusion: top leg not required to be equal to verticals.

Don