[NSRCA-discussion] Gryo's in Pattern?

Archie Stafford rcpattern2012 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 11:09:13 AKST 2019

Definitely with Stu here. If it makes a guy show up and try it, why should
we run then off. If they truly are interested they will go back and
practice, but the key is getting them to show up the first time. I have not
been to a contest that pilots weren't very welcoming and open to helping
which usually sets the hook, but we have to find ways to encourage them to
get to the field to try it. Frankly, if we had to hand out candy to all
sportsman pilots, why would we not do it if it attracted new pilots. The
technology and people are usually good at keeping those with the right
personality once they show up. Our problem is getting them to show up.
Currently, a lot of the planes that are readily available and seen most
often at fields are currently outside our rules, so we need to adapt to let
those pilots show up and play too.

Arch