[NSRCA-discussion] Price for a pattern plane...

Bob W. rwantz2 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 4 13:50:23 AKST 2019

+2

From: NSRCA-discussion [mailto:nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org] On Behalf Of james woodward via NSRCA-discussion
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2019 11:23 AM
To: ronlock at comcast.net; General pattern discussion
Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Price for a pattern plane...

+1 - bonus-up the smaller plane.

On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 8:13 AM ronlock--- via NSRCA-discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org> wrote:

Lets consider; for those choosing to use a plane with the specs Mike proposed, adding a 5 or 10% "Bonus" of scored points to the flight score.  2 meter planes are still allowed. The smaller plane gets some help, hopefully making it more attractive/competitive for an entry level pilot. The exact percentage can be tweaked along the way as we gain experience with it.
Ron Lockhart

PS:  The percentage of score concept worked great in the "Lets get planes quiet era".  We wanted to establish a noise limit, but not disqualify planes that exceeded it. It's still in the rule book.