[NSRCA-discussion] Questions for the experts

Stuart Chale schale1 at outlook.com
Tue Aug 20 04:54:04 AKDT 2019

Pilot 1:  Should be 8.5...  BUT everyone says the 45 on the turnarounds should look steeper due to parallax.  How much steeper?  Has anyone ever put their trig and geometry to the task to say  what angle it should look like at 150 or 175 meters?  So was that real world 68 degrees 8.5 or looked like 68 degrees from the judges position, my thoughts would be it is supposed to look steeper than 45 but probably not by that much.  9

Pilot 2:  Big difference in radius would look pretty sharp.  8 to 8.5

Pilot 3: 8.5   But figuring out 15% out of the box????  My real life thoughts is perfect maneuver but looked like the loop was a little out of the box, also another case for parallax as the further back you sit the more the maneuvers look out of the box, but real life probably a 9.

Pilot 4:  I would say a 9 if they came back towards center box parallel to the runway but if still pointed out then an 8 or 8.5 if really only 5 degrees.