[NSRCA-discussion] Judging Question

Vicente Bortone vincebrc at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 05:24:22 AKDT 2019

Hi Don,

What is the difference between a loop with 2 integrated rolls?  The judge,
is he can see it, could judge every 45 degrees position around the loop and
the position should be symmetrical in both half loops.  Now just unwind
that loop and put it in straight line.  The judge, if he can see it, as we
do in the loop with 2 integrated rolls, could do the same judging the
position of the plane for each 45 degree roll rotation *and* loop
position.  Of course it is a lot more difficult because the reference are
not there anymore.  If that position change in relative the other position
the judge could downgrade each one.  The position could be wing relative
position and plane position.  Wing position is one point per 15 degree.
Plane position is geometry and the judge will decide depending on severity
and use the same approach the whole contest.  This could happen if there is
a *velocity change* during the maneuver.  Therefore, I agree with Jeff.  A
judge should downgrade for every error that he or her can see it.

By the way, I believe that CPLR wins because he hits the 45 degree
positions in everything he does.  I saw him when we had the WC here in the
US and this year I saw the videos.  Very difficult to see in in videos and
It is a lot easier when you see it live.

Vicente "Vince" Bortone

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 7:21 AM Don Ramsey via NSRCA-discussion <