[NSRCA-discussion] Another update from Mark

Peter Vogel vogel.peter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 15:40:21 AKDT 2019

What day is it?? I'm truly starting to lose track. It's definitely day 4 of the preliminaries and we should be done!!!! But alas, mother nature had other plans. The heaven's opened up with just 4 pilots left on each line with far too much lightning to continue flying (though they tried!)

At one point we thought it was going to relent enough to start flying again (they WILL fly in the rain, but not a thunderstorm), and Andrew offered to fly his backup plane to do a ceiling check. Well, about 1000 feet up and whoosh...the heavens opened again. So it was officially called for the day, especially because Site B was completely flooded. Tomorrow is expected to be sunny and clear, so we're scheduled to resume flying at 9am. Flying should finish by 10am, scores tabulated, normalized, TBL applied, and results by Noon. Then we'll do the Pilot draw for the semi finals.

BTW, Joseph put up a great flight in the late afternoon, scoring a 463 on a tough line. That leaves only Kal to fly in the morning. If all goes well, I'll be able to post the final preliminary standings and the Semi Flight order before most in the states are awake!

Power outages eliminated our wifi at the hotel, so again working with phone and cellular so going to cut this short. A few photos from yesterday and today. Not much because we're basically on the contest site from dawn to dark.

Oh, new arrivals. Heather Klegg (Andrew's GF) made the trip out and arrived today, and Peter Collinson and his mom Carol will be arriving sometime tomorrow. AC?? AC??? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Should be a great USA crowd to cheer everyone on in the Semi's.

-M