[NSRCA-discussion] 2020/21 proposed sequences

Stuart Chale schale1 at outlook.com
Wed Apr 3 10:03:34 AKDT 2019

Phil I believe you have our intent correct.  It can be flown in line back towards center box or optionally cross box before the spin entry.

Here is the maneuver description:

Top Hat from the top with options 1 roll down, 2 of 4 point roll up (option 3/4  roll down, 2 of 8 point roll up) (T):  From upright push through 1/4 loop to a vertical down track, hesitate perform 1 roll, optionally 3/4 roll, hesitate, push 1/4 loop to inverted flight, hesitate, push 1/4 loop to a vertical up track, hesitate, perform 2 of 4 point roll, if optional 3/4 roll was performed on the down track perform 2 of 8 point roll, hesitate, push through 1/4 loop to exit upright.

My thoughts on cross box maneuvers for masters pilots as they progress in skill:  Some need the cross box to reposition especially when flying in a cross wind.  The better flyers are already in position and the cross box can take them out of position.  The next level prepares for the cross box by sliding in or out prior to it and the best flyers don't seem to prepare for it and don't seem to move in or out even though they just flew a cross box maneuver :)  Said in jest but there is some truth to it.  So in this Masters sequence there are 3 optional cross box maneuvers.

Stuart