[NSRCA-discussion] Arming Device for electric airplanes

chuenkan at comcast.net chuenkan at comcast.net
Thu Sep 27 08:52:35 AKDT 2018

As a matter of fact, one of our locals who flies SPA with us uses electric power for his planes, and he has a system of bright LEDs on the air-frame that can be seen while the plane is flying, and are also clearly visible on the runway and in the pits.  They are very effective, add very little weight, and also drain precious little current.  He uses one lipo battery for everything on the plane, and is very competitive in the Expert class.  However, none of them flash!  But they could be made to...

Phil Spelt, AMA 1294, Scientific Leader Member
SPA L-18, Board Member, KCRC Emeritus
Oliver Springs, TN (865) 435-1476v (865) 604-0541c