[NSRCA-discussion] 2018 Masters, 1 flight

Jas S justanotherflyr at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 16:42:23 AKST 2018

On Thursday I flew the new Masters so Dave could see it flown. It flows nicely and only took me 6:45 to do. I wasn't flying it fast, had the brake on for downlines and used my original Epic with a Pletty Advanced/Falcon 21.5x13/TP 5400's.

A few things I found:

- like F-17, the 6-sided loop should have fairly fast roll elements, or have to be flown huge in order to keep its shape.
- the roll down in the Vertical Cuban 8 should have a short line before and after the roll, or a fast roll in order to make the looping portions the same size.
- the 45° Humpty before the Golfball should use as much of the box so the Golfball isn't rushed. (Pull the 1/2 loop)

Other than that, Dave did make the comment (and I thought it before he said anything) that this is definitely a more difficult routine than past Masters patterns.

Jas iP