[NSRCA-discussion] Election

Frackowiak Tony frackowiak at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 26 22:52:38 AKST 2018

Charlie,

This is my original post regarding this issue,

I was looking at the minutes of the December 12th NSRCA BOD meeting. During that meeting according to the minutes there was a discussion about the current vote count in the election.

Isn’t voting open until the end of the month?  And isn’t there a longer time for mailed in ballots to be received? Why are the votes being tallied and discussed by the Board before the end of the voting period?

That is highly unethical and smacks of voting fraud. At the very least it sounds like an attempt to influence the results.

I will await a reply.

What part of my original post has been proven to be incorrect? What part was a misrepresentation of the minutes of that meeting?

I am still completely befuddled how those on the BOD cannot see the impropriety of discussing anything about the current voting totals. Or how you cannot see that simply mentioning that the vote was tied was in effect tallying the votes and basically making false your statement that you have never disclosed the voting information?

Over the many years that I have been participating in pattern and been a member of the NSRCA, I have brought up many issues to my DVP, both past and present. To say that has been ineffective would be an understatement. That is why I have run for office, I have volunteered for many committees, I have served and I am currently serving on the Sequence Committee and I have served on the Rules Committee. This year alone I was the CD for 6 Pattern Contests and assisted with another. But I guess it’s fair for you to question my motivation.

As to the purpose of this discussion forum, I always assumed it was for discussion about pattern related topics. If a topic that I consider important to the well being of the NSRCA is not pattern related then I apologize. I personally feel that we need a healthy NSRCA, one responsive to the concerns of its membership, for pattern to remain and maybe even to grow.

Tony Frackowiak
NSRCA #12