[NSRCA-discussion] P19.15 - Double Key

Derek Koopowitz derekkoopowitz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 08:41:33 AKDT 2017

Hey Jas,

Sorry about the delayed reply… I’ve been busy moving my mother-in-law the past 4 days – still not done yet.  To answer your questions… there are several ways to fly F-17.1 (triangle) correctly.  See below… all are valid.  Obviously, you need to ensure that your radii are all the same and that the lines up/down are 45 degrees and are the same length with rolls positioned in the middle of ALL lines.

As for F-17.10 (Figure 6 with stall turn), the entry radius will determine the size of your ¾ loop.  The length of the line up for the stall turn is your choice… there is nothing in the rule that states the line should be short/tall.  The roll down must be in the middle of the line – since it is a full roll I would suggest the line up be tall enough so that the roll down doesn’t look rushed and there are visible straight lines before and after the roll before you pull into the loop.

I hope this helps and be careful out there in Florida.

-Derek