[NSRCA-discussion] The most important thing to understand about pattern

Ron Hansen rcpilot at wowway.com
Sun Nov 19 08:41:36 AKST 2017

I believe flying pattern is about becoming a better pilot at your own pace,
taking on new challenges and socializing with good friends.  For me it isn't
about winning.  In order to win you need the best equipment and you need to
practice a lot. I can only practice on weekends and at my club the field is
real crowded which isn't real conducive to good practice.  I bet 75% of
NSCRA members agree with me.  Only the truly gifted or those that can
practice a lot care about winning.  I believe you should pick the class that
you can fly comfortably without a serious fear of crashing.  If you are
flying masters and are thinking about moving to advanced because you can't
win that isn't right and competitors should frown on that.  If your
eyesight/skills are deterioration due to age and you feel the need to move
down by all means move down don't quit.  This is a hobby and not a job.
Most of us are here to have fun.

Ron