[NSRCA-discussion] Nats registration

DaveL322 DaveL322 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 21 07:27:36 AKDT 2017

Joe,
Thanks for the detailed response, and the 6% update.  My prior number of 25% was not an attempt to be dramatic, but was sourced from your prior email noting 75% approval.
There are many instances in pattern history where changes "for the better" have resulted in decreased numbers in the event.  I am not suggesting we never make changes, but it seems clear enough that effort towards communication needs to improve - so we agree on that.
Regards,
Dave
Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note5.
-------- Original message --------From: Joe Walker <vellum2 at bellsouth.net> Date: 6/21/17  10:33 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: Dave Lockhart <davel322 at comcast.net>, 'General pattern discussion' <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>, 'Frackowiak Tony' <frackowiak at sbcglobal.net>, 'Anthony Romano' <anthonyr105 at hotmail.com> Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Nats registration
Dave,I do understand that.  The reason that I said communication was the issue is because the finals format of 2 rounds was stated in the original proposal the that was voted on last year, right after the NATS in Muncie.  That document was not directly distributed with that section highlighted for all to understand, but this was distributed to all the DVP's (me included since I was the DVP at the time...).  It was also stated that the FAI finals would also be 2 rounds, but since clarified that the FAI rulebook prescribed a specific format, which is why this was reverted.  There was no last minute decision made other than to let people who are attending weigh in.  The comment of disenfranchising 25% of participants is not accurate.  If I count all the Oppose votes, 6% of the pilots are not getting what they desire.  Let us also not forget that we have to have judges and support folks for the Masters finals outside of the people supporting the FAI finals.  They have to sit out in the sun and watch additional rounds of Masters.  If we have significantly more volunteers to provide a diverse judging pool that commits to that role, an alternate format would have never been suggested from day one.  We can certainly all agree on that, no?
Of course I appreciate your input and insight!
I actually do have a full time job as well, so forgive if I don't immediately respond to these going forward.  Rest assured, I'll circle back around though.
Best,Joe Walker