[NSRCA-discussion] LONG conversation with Joe Walker on NATs, sequence proposals, and other NSRCA issues.

Larry Diamond ldiamond at diamondrc.com
Sun Jun 18 15:38:37 AKDT 2017

Thanks John...

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 6, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: John Gayer via NSRCA-discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org> Date: 6/18/17  5:16 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: Larry Diamond via NSRCA-discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org> Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] LONG conversation with Joe Walker on NATs, sequence proposals, and other NSRCA issues.

    I can't find it on the AMA website either. I suspect it is in some
    specific AMA document on how the Nats are run.

    As I recall from my time as treasurer, there is one CD for the
    Nats.  That's the whole Nats, not the Pattern Nats. Each
    sub-category such as RC Aerobatics, has an Event Director, who
    reports to the Contest Director.

    Therefore in terms of Pattern, the Event Director is in charge of
    the "event" and is responsible to the CD, not the NSRCA board. This
    is Al Glenn. The NSRCA does, however, defray a small part of the
    costs incurred by the ED.

    The AMA docs I can find all refer to local/regional contests. The
    Nats is a separate animal as described above.

    John

    On 6/18/2017 3:52 PM, Larry Diamond via