[NSRCA-discussion] Survey

flyintexanmark flyintexanmark at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 17:58:56 AKDT 2017

Well stated Don.
It would have been nice to see things implemented and tried that were given real forethought to see if they could improve our nats.  The fact that the general membership didn't know details until know was not a conspiracy or any lack of planning.
But hey we can just hope for the same kind of crap every year and complain afterwards to no avail.. anybody tired of having the judge next to you fall asleep? Complain that they shouldn't have to judge because they are better than everyone else, how about picking finals judges less than 12 hours before finals start....then complain about how many of the judges are all from within one district.
And speaking of the ED having to survey everyone or get board permission on controlling the format..anyone remember 2010 when all the packets informed 402 & 403 they would fly a finals? They were also told at the pilots meeting they would fly a finals.. then guess what happened at the end of day 3.

-------- Original message --------From: Don Ramsey via NSRCA-discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org> Date: 6/17/17  8:12 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: 'General pattern discussion' <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org> Subject: [NSRCA-discussion] Survey
Just to satisfy my curiosity.   If you are not going to the NATS to Masters why do you think you should be surveyed as to what Masters will do at the NATS this year?   There are only 10 people, the Masters finalists, who this will affect if the current plan is implemented.  If the old format is flown there will probably be only 8 finalists.  This is a no brainer for me.  Put 25% more pilots in the finals. Don