[NSRCA-discussion] Removing FAI F from local contests

Jon Lowe jonlowe at aol.com
Wed Jul 19 12:23:42 AKDT 2017

One other thing to consider is judging.  If local contests don't fly F, judges will never see it unless they are at the NATS, and thus will not know for several flights what they are looking at. That is not the time to first expose judges to new F patterns.  Even unknowns are often less complex than F's.  I remember the first time Jason practice flew F17 in front of John Fuqua and I at the end of 2015.  At the end of the flight, we just looked at each other and shook our heads. We really didn't know how to score several of the maneuvers, because they were very complex and in some cases completely different from anything we had seen before.