[NSRCA-discussion] Dysfunction and Splintering

John Fuqua johnfuqua at embarqmail.com
Wed Jul 19 06:28:42 AKDT 2017

"Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it."

All this dissention on the list reminds me of a time 25-30 years ago when
IMAC was in disarray.   There was an east coast group and a west coast group
who could not seem to communicate or agree on anything  especially rules
changes.    At that time IMAC fell under the purview of the RC Aerobatics
Contest Board and, as chairman, I had to try to mediate the differences.
Too hard to do.    Finally  I highly recommended to AMA to create an IMAC
contest board which fortunately AMA did.   Then it took strong leadership
and a hell of a lot of work to get IMAC on a better path.

All this really negative discussion with people "quitting"  makes me feel
like we are "doomed to repeat it."    Lets communicate and  work through our
differences.     We are, after all, the RC Precision Aerobatics Special
Interest Group for AMA and I doubt AMA would go for two of us.

John Fuqua

cell 850-974-6655