[NSRCA-discussion] NSRCA Leadership / Masters different sequence

John Gayer west.engineering at comcast.net
Mon Jul 10 10:02:39 AKDT 2017

Stuart,
You had the 1/2  reverse cuban listed as an inverted exit so I assumed
you wanted to go into the knifeedge inverted.
You want the knifeedge to go from upright to upright then and the rolls
are reversed?
John

On 7/10/2017 11:12 AM, Stuart Chale via NSRCA-discussion wrote:

> [...]
>>>
>>> Pyramid (triangle from the top base at the bottom)  From the top of
>>> the box as you approach center push 3/8 loop to an inverted 45
>>> degree down line 2/4 on this leg to upright. Push 3/8 to inverted
>>> horizontal flight, full roll on this line from inverted push back
>>> 3/8 loop back towards top center. 2/4 on this line to inverted
>>> again, push 3/8 loop back to upright flight
>>>
>>> You are not going to like my answer but as far as the K factor it is
>>> similar to the current P-17 triangle which has a 4 pt roll on the
>>> top leg and still just a K4
>>>
>>> Since you are going to want to make the pyramid large so the 1/2
>>> square down can be big enough not to fear the snap the maneuver
>>> preceding the pyramid the half square on corner needs to be large so
>>> the asymmetrical  roll (one leg only) should be fairly easy to do.
>>> Also going up hill so you have more time for the 2/4.
>>>
>>> 6 sided loop K factor being a 5.  Can't disagree with you but I can
>>> also make the case for a K4.  There are no K5 six sided loops in the
>>> current guidelines.  Nothing to compare to say it is as hard or
>>> easier.  I think that since it just has 1/2 rolls in it is easier
>>> than the P-17 six sided FAI is flying now.  Theirs is a K4.
>>>
>>> I think I agree with what someone said about K factors needing an
>>> overhaul.  'Perhaps going to an IMAC type system to assign K factors
>>> is the right direction to go.   This will take a bit of work and
>>> can't happen before these sequences need to be done:)  But it is
>>> something to think about for the future.
>>>
>>> As far as the number of spins I am good with 2 or 3 or 1.5 or 2.5
>>> with an added 1/2 roll.  You are happy at 3 Jon recommends 2 which
>>> just confirms that not everyone will be happy with the path we chose.
>>>
>>> I think right now there are 3 clear K5 maneuvers.  Is the pyramid,
>>> six sided and or 1 1/4 roll to knife edge a K5 maneuver.  You can
>>> make a case with support to go either way.
>>>
>>> Let me try to get this to format better.  If anyone else has
>>> comments on this version or if you support the original Masters
>>> proposal from the NSRCA website please let us know.
>>>
>>> 	Masters proposal
>>> 	Maneuver 	KF 	Notes:
>>> 1 	Takeoff (U) 	1
>>> 2 	Double Immelman with knife edge flight (U) 	5 	Pull to 1/2 loop,
>>> immediate 1/4 roll, knife edge flight, 1/4 roll same direction,
>>> immediate push to 1/2 outside loop, immediate 1/4 roll, knife edge
>>> flight, 1/4 roll same direction to level upright exit
>>> 3
>>>
>>> 	1/2 square loop on corner with 2/4 pt rolls in 2nd leg (TA) 	2
>>> 4 	Pyramid loop, 2/4, Full roll, 2/4 (D) 	4 	Push back to 45 deg
>>> down line, 2/4 pt roll, push to level flight, Full rollfrom
>>> inverted, push back to to 45 up line, 2/4 pt roll, push to level
>>> upright exit
>>> 5 	1/2 square outside loop, full snap (+ or -) in vert down line,
>>> exit inverted (TA) 	3 	(inverted exit)
>>> 6 	Six sided loop on corner with 1/2 rolls in legs 1, 3, 4, 6, exit
>>> inverted (U) 	4 	Push at center no rolls on vertical legs.(inverted
>>> exit)
>>> 7 	Humpty with options: Push, push, push, 1/2 roll up and a full
>>> roll on the downline, exit inverted.Option 1/4 roll up 3/4 roll
>>> down, exit inverted (TA) 	3 	(inverted exit)
>>> 8 	4/8 opposite from inverted, exit inverted (D) 	5 	(inverted exit)
>>> 9 	Stall turn with 1/2 rolls reversed goingup and 1/2 roll down,
>>> exit upright (TA) 	3
>>> 10 	Avalanche with 1/2 roll going in and out 	4 	1/2 roll to
>>> inverted, perform an outside loop with a snap at the top, complete
>>> the loop and perform a 1/2 roll to exit upright.
>>> 11 	Half reverse Cuban Eight with a1/2 roll roll on the 45 (TA) 	3
>>> exit inverted
>>> 12 	Knife edge flight with 1 1/4 rolls in and out. (D) 	4
>>> 13 	Top Hat, 3/4 roll up and down exit upright (TA) 	2
>>> 14 	Figure Z with 2 consecutive rolls(U) 	4
>>> 15 	2 turn spin exit inverted (TA) 	2
>>> 16 	Reverse cuban eight with full rolls from inverted(D) 	4
>>> 17 	Stall turn with half rolldown (TA) 	2
>>> 18 	Loop with integrated roll in top 180 (U)* 	5