[NSRCA-discussion] New Masters Sequence

Frackowiak Tony frackowiak at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 7 17:34:45 AKDT 2017

Well, there's the problem. The Sequence Committee is supposed to be creating patterns using the Sequence Development Guide, not the F3A catalog. So it should be using K-Factors from the Guide.

Tony Frackowiak

On Jul 7, 2017, at 6:19 PM, Stuart Chale wrote:

> Some of the K factors like the knife edge roll are taken from the FAI catalog.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jul 7, 2017, at 8:38 PM, Frackowiak Tony via NSRCA-discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org> wrote:
>
>> Both of the cross box maneuvers have no options to stay in line.
>>
>> Every Square Vertical 8 in the current Guide has a K of 5. Why would this one be a 4?
>>
>> Downwind KE Golf Ball is still a poor choice and should have a K of 5.
>>
>> The KE flight with 1 1/4 rolls without some definition of the length of the KE will end up being two 1 1/4 rolls. Plus simple KE flight in the current Guide is a K4. Why should this be a K4 with the addition of two 1 1/4 rolls? Should be a 5.
>>
>> Two rolls reversed in the Current Guide is a K4. The elimination of the pause makes this a more difficult maneuver yet it stays at K4? Should at least be a 5.
>>
>> I'm sorry, but in my opinion this needs a fresh piece of paper and start over. Start by making the composition of the Sequence Committee according to the Charter.
>>
>> Tony Frackowiak
>>
>> On Jul 7, 2017, at 4:35 PM, John Gayer via NSRCA-discussion wrote:
>>
>>> Let's try this one.
>>>

>>>  	Maneuver	KF	Exit
>>> Change maneuver to:	New K	new exit
>>> 1	Takeoff	1	 	 	 	1
>>> 2	 Double Immelman with Knife Edge Flight inside loop then outside loop	5	Upright	U	Triangle Loop from top, 1/2 rolls on 45's, 1 1/2 snap on top leg,	5	 inverted
>>> 3	 1/2 Loop with Integrated 1/2 Roll	3	Upright	TA	 2 1/2 turn inverted spin	3	 inverted
>>> 4	Triangle Loop from top, 1/2 rolls on 45's, 1 1/2 snap on top leg	5	inverted	D	 Double Immelman with Knife Edge Flight outside loop then inside loop	5	 upright
>>> 5	 1/2 Square Loop with Snap Roll in down track	4	Upright	TA	 Top Hat, 3 of 4 Roll up, 3/4 Roll down	2	 inverted
>>> 6	 Six-sided Loop, 2 of 4 Rolls in leg 2, two 1/4 Rolls opposite in leg 4	4	inverted	U	 Six-sided Loop, 2 of 4 Rolls in leg 2 and 4	4	 inverted
>>> 7	Humpty Bump with Roll Options, 2 of 2 Roll up, Full Roll down; or 3/4 Roll up and down	3	Upright	TA	Stall Turn with two 1/4 Rolls down	2	 upright
>>> 8	 Knife Edge Flight with 1 ¼ Roll in and out	4	inverted	D	 Knife Edge Flight with 1 ¼ Roll in and out	4	 upright
>>> 9	Stall Turn with two 1/4 Rolls opposite up, 1/2 Roll down	3	Upright	TA	Stall Turn with two 1/4 Rolls  up, 1/2 Roll down	3	 upright
>>> 10	Vertical Cuban 8 with 1/2 Roll, Full Roll	4	Inverted	U	 Vertical square 8 from bottom,  full roll at mid-level, 1/2 roll 2nd mid-level	4	 inverted
>>> 11	Trombone with Roll	2	Upright	TA	 reverse shark, snap on 45	4	 upright
>>> 12	 Golf Ball with 3/4 Rolls and Knife Edge Loop	4	Upright	D	 Golf Ball with 1/4 Rolls and Knife Edge Loop	4	 inverted
>>> 13	 Top Hat, 3 of 4 Roll up, 3/4 Roll down	2	Upright	TA	 Humpty Bump push top, 3/4 Roll up and down	2	 upright
>>> 14	 Figure Z with 4 of 8 Roll in 45	4	Inverted	U	  	4
>>> 15	 Inverted 2-turn Spin 	2	Upright	TA	 1/2 square loop with full roll	2	 upright
>>> 16	 Two Slow Rolls opposite, no hesitation	4	Upright	D	  	4
>>> 17	 Stall turn with half rolls up and down	2	Upright	TA	  	2
>>> 18	 Loop with Integrated Roll in top 180	5	Upright	U	  	5