[NSRCA-discussion] NSRCA Leadership / New Sequences - My thoughts - Long

John Gayer west.engineering at comcast.net
Fri Jul 7 13:59:01 AKDT 2017

Taking into account some of the comments and adding a few thoughts of my
own, I came up with the following changes, shown to the right of the
original.

	Maneuver 	KF 	Exit
	Change maneuver to: 	New K 	new exit
1 	Takeoff 	1
2 	Double Immelman with Knife Edge Flight inside 1/2 loop then
outside1/2loop 	5 	Upright 	U
3 	1/2 Loop with Integrated 1/2 Roll
	3 	Upright 	TA 	1/2 loop, 1/2 roll in, 1/2 rolls opposite exit 	3 	upright
4 	Triangle Loop from top, 1/2 rolls on 45's, 1 1/2 snap on top leg
	5 	inverted 	D
5 	1/2 Square Loop with Snap Roll in down track
	4 	Upright 	TA 	2 1/2 turn inverted spin 	2 	inverted
6 	Six-sided Loop, 2 of 4 Rolls in leg 2, two 1/4 Rolls opposite in leg
4 	4 	inverted 	U 	Six-sided Loop, 2 of 4 Rolls in leg 2 and 4 	4 	inverted
7 	Humpty Bump with Roll Options, 2 of 2 Roll up, Full Roll down; or 3/4
Roll up and down
	3 	Upright 	TA 	Humpty Bump with Roll Options, 1/2 Roll up and down; or
1/4 Roll up and down 	2 	upright
8 	Knife Edge Flight with 1 ¼ Roll in and out, - rolls same direction 	4
	inverted 	D
9 	Stall Turn with two 1/4 Rolls opposite up, 1/2 Roll down
	3 	Upright 	TA 	Stall Turn with two 1/4 Rolls down 	2 	upright
10 	Vertical Cuban 8 with 1/2 Roll, Full Roll
	4 	Inverted 	U
11 	Trombone with Roll
	2 	Upright 	TA 	reverse shark snap on 45,1/2 roll down 	4 	inverted
12 	Golf Ball with 3/4 Rolls and Knife Edge Loop
	4 	Upright 	D 	Golf Ball with 1/4 Rolls and Knife Edge Loop 	4 	inverted
13 	Top Hat, 3 of 4 Roll up, 3/4 Roll down
	2 	Upright 	TA 	Guide should be changed to K3
14 	Figure Z with 4 of 8 Roll in 45
	4 	Inverted 	U
15 	Inverted 2-turn Spin (TA) 	2 	Upright 	TA 	1/2 square loop with full
roll 	2 	upright
16 	Two Slow Rolls opposite, no hesitation 	4 	Upright 	D
17 	Stall turn with half rolls up and down
	2 	Upright 	TA
18 	Loop with Integrated Roll in top 180 	5 	Upright 	U
19 	Landing 	1

	Total K-factor 	62 				60

I tried to keep the flavor and intent of the original. Hopefully this is
a bit easier, addresses the missing room for the slow roll, the lack of
space before the golf ball and eases up a bit on the fiddly turnaround
maneuvers.  I removed the 1/2 loop integrated 1/2 roll. The maneuver is
not difficult but making it LARGE is. Will try to fly this tomorrow.
Also I believe the guide KFactor for the top hat is too low. Should be a
three.

John