[NSRCA-discussion] Rules Proposal Cycle?

Stuart Chale schale1 at outlook.com
Fri Jan 27 09:03:38 AKST 2017

Or tarred and feathered.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 27, 2017, at 12:59 PM, DaveL322 via NSRCA-discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org<mailto:nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>> wrote:

Back in the day, pattern planes were very loud.  A noise rule was put in place, and the planes became quiet.  The noise rule is not checked locally, but the planes are quiet, so the existence of the rule has accomplished its goal.

Limits provide goals/bounds/targets for aircraft and equipment.  The lack of specific enforcement at local levels (generally a logistical consideration of minimal resources) does not make the airplanes louder or grow bigger.

If someone at a local level regularly attended pattern events with a clearly overweight or loud plane, I know in D1 the pilot would be encouraged and helped to reduce weight and noise.

Regards,

Dave

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note5.