[NSRCA-discussion] Hardcopy K-Factor

Scott McHarg scmcharg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 08:20:28 AKST 2017

>From the inside looking out, I don't think there is anything on the table
to stop printing the K-Factor.  There is discussion about what to do in the
future but, at this point, I don't think that stopping printing completely
is on the table.  Here's the real problem:

Advertisers have always paid for the cost of printing.  Printing is, by
far, the most expensive thing that we do as an organization through the
course of the year.  We are losing advertisers as our market is dwindling
and definitely specialized.  If the new BoD addresses this issue, which I'm
certain they will, ideas and thoughts will come forward and presented to us
as a whole.  If we lose advertisers, that means that the money to print the
K-Factor has to come from somewhere else.  The NSRCA is sound, financially,
but that can always change based on income vs. outgo.   If (I again say
this is not on the table) we were to stop printing the K-Factor and just
offer it digitally, it would save the NSRCA thousands upon thousands of
dollars but we also wouldn't have to worry so much about advertising
income.  Might it come to this?  I guess we'll see.  I, for one, hope it
does not but the survival of our organization certainly trumps what is
convenient for me as far as the K-Factor is concerned.  Mark, I am not
saying that you are worried about convenience, I just wanted to address the
real issue.  Again, at this time, printing will continue as normal and I
definitely understand the push vs. pull scenario.  You are absolutely
correct.

Best,
Scott

*Scott A. McHarg*
VSCL / CANVASS U.A.S. Research Pilot
Texas A&M University
PPL - ASEL
Remote Pilot Certified Under FAA Part 107

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 11:07 AM, Atwood, Mark via NSRCA-discussion <