[NSRCA-discussion] Hardcopy K-Factor

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Wed Jan 4 08:07:28 AKST 2017

So I’ll be the first to admit that it’s some form of laziness on my part (since I have plenty of access to high res color printers).   This is really more about push vs pull strategy.  In this case, I prefer the information be pushed to me, rather than having to go and pull it, and I’m willing to pay for that to happen.

On a tangential note, I’ve been having this conversation with those at the AMA regarding Nationals coverage in Model Aviation.   The reality is that there is MORE printed coverage of the Nationals today than there was in the past, but its in the form of online, digital media.  The Nats News is produced daily for all disciplines throughout the length of the Nationals and is readily available on-line for all of us to consume.  But I, like many others, would like to see that “Pushed” out to the modeling masses by way of the printed Model Aviation magazine.

Pushing information exposes me to things that I might not otherwise think to Pull.    A great article in MA about Control Line Stunt might get me interested.  But I’m not likely to go looking for the Nats News that covered stunt this past summer.

To circle back to the K-Factor, I typically read most or all of what I’m going to read the day it come in the mail and I see it. Top of mind awareness.  On the few occasions where mine never arrives… I don’t miss it until the next one comes.   It looks months the last time it got accidentally changed to “electronic delivery” for me to notice that it had stopped coming.  It wasn’t until I started writing an article for the team that I realized I hadn’t looked at one in months.

So for me it’s laziness, yes.  But I don’t think I’m alone.

-Mark
MARK ATWOOD
o.  (440) 229-2502
c.  (216) 316-2489
e.  atwoodm at paragon-inc.com<mailto:atwoodm at paragon-inc.com>

Paragon Consulting, Inc.
5900 Landerbrook Drive, Suite 205, Cleveland Ohio, 44124
www.paragon-inc.com<http://www.paragon-inc.com/>

<http://www.paragon-inc.com/>
Powering The Digital Experience