[NSRCA-discussion] NSRCA Rules Proposal Committee - AMA Rules Proposals

Scott Smith vze23c3q at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 01:36:05 AKST 2017

Jeff,

Please take a look at the attached.  Granted it’s 100% theoretical but it
showed me that what we have is not the best strategy, at least on paper.

Assigning a descending value to the top 4 pilots and calculating how many
times a group flies against them, I derived a weighted difficulty for each
group.

So if you’re in Group A, you fly against #1 4 times.  However you can drop
one round so make it 3.

You’ll fly against #2 2 times, but again, we’ll drop one round and make it 1

You’ll fly against #3 twice and keep both rounds so it’s 2

You won’t fly against #4 so that cell gets a zero

Then we take (3*10) + (1*9) + (2*8) + (0*7) and come up with 55.

Do that for the remaining groups and D has a 9 point spread advantage over
group A.

Flip the rotation around and things look way better.  B and D have a 3
point advantage over A and C, but clearly this is a more equitable approach.

Scott

[image: Inline image 1]

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 12:58 AM, Jeff via NSRCA-discussion <