[NSRCA-discussion] Nats Equipment List

Verne Koester verne at mi.rr.com
Fri Aug 11 11:14:10 AKDT 2017

OK, here’s my Jason story…

Andrew and I used to prep for the nats every year in what we dubbed the “natsathon”. Starting two weeks before the Nats, I’d drive down and meet Andrew at the Weak Signals field which is about an hour south of where I live. We’d practice all day, every day critiquing and coaching as we went.

About a week before the Nats, Jason would drive up from Florida and join in and we’d take turns flying, coaching, and critiquing.

One day, about two days before the trek to Muncie, Jason says, “hey Verne, I’m gonna sit back here and do a written critique of your next flight”. It was my last flight of the day and I was facing an hour’s drive north, with batteries to charge for the next day plus a gear box on my Hacker that needed to be greased. After I landed, Jason handed me the notes he’d taken. I took the notes and thanked him promising to go over them later that evening after my rc chores were complete.

When I got done charging and greasing for the next day, I went over Jason’s very thorough critique of my flight.

The next day, I met Jason and Andrew for another day of Nats prep. Jason asked me if I read his critique.

I said “yep, and I’m gonna keep flying anyway….”

Verne