[NSRCA-discussion] Switch on the Jeti Mezon Lite 90 ESC

Peter Vogel vogel.peter at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 06:13:18 AKDT 2016

Cut it off, that's fine.  But DO NOT SOLDER THE WIRES.  The switch controls only the BEC portion of the ESC and is a normally closed switch opening the switch turns the BEC on.  So just cut the switch off and keep the wire stubs insulated from each other to leave the BEC on.
Get Outlook for iOS

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 6:41 AM -0700, "Jeff and Claire via NSRCA-discussion" <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org> wrote:

Are there any good reasons for leaving this switch on the Mezon Lite ESC?
I use an external disconnect (4mm bullet) to arm the ESC.  Not really sure
what this switch is for so in the past have just turned it on and zip-tied
it out of sight.  Can I just cut the thing off and solder the two wires
together?  Can't see carrying around the weight and/or possibility (albeit
slim) of one more component that might fail.  Thanks for any insight-

Jeff Worsham