[NSRCA-discussion] 2017 Nats

wayg2013 at gmail.com wayg2013 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 07:56:28 AKDT 2016

+1

From: Keith Black via NSRCA-discussion
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2016 10:19 AM
To: Atwood, Mark ; General pattern discussion
Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] 2017 Nats

I think it's an excellent idea to have NATS travel occasionally.  When I was a wee little boy my father took me to a very large control line event held here in Dallas. Had it not been for that experience to spur on my interest I may never have developed the passion for model aviation.

To the argument that people that live close to Muncie will have to travel further... boo hoo. Come on guys, people have been traveling all the way to Muncie since 1996 when the NATS stopped traveling. Sure, somewhere in the west would be great, but we have Mike Harrison volunteering an excellent location in Arkansas so let's give it a try.

BTW, yes, the NATS always traveled until 1996, check out this link: http://www.modelaircraft.org/museum/hisfacs/factoids_july.aspx

As to Mike, he's been a respected sponsored pilot, airplane designer and builder and successful CD since WAY before 98% of us even knew about pattern.

To occasionally move NATS will increase our exposure around the country, be more equitable to people traveling and frankly be a lot more interesting!

Keith Black