[NSRCA-discussion] Matt Finley ( Food for Thought )

Matthew Finley rcfin02 at msn.com
Tue Nov 8 08:07:12 AKST 2016

I am going to bring up something that has been bouncing around in my head for a while now.... I think this point personally holds a lot of merit, but I do feel that there will be a lot of disagreement out there as well. I am curious what everyone thinks on this matter......

One thing that has came to my mind is the sequence committee should maybe think about designing the sequences around the more " Economical/Readily " available Pattern Kits like BJ Craft or Extreme Flight...... I am a firm believer that there are quite a few people that stay in their current classes due to limitations that the sequences place on the more lower cost birds. For example.... I fly a 2-Meter Vanquish, witch is a very competitive plane, but only through Masters and FAI-P due to it's lesser side area compared to a lot of the newer high dollar planes. This season I flew it through the F pattern very " Ugly " , and I had to fight it quite a lot in order to look even somewhat respectable in some maneuvers. In saying this, due to the current progression, I will probably continue to fly Masters for the foreseeable future, until I am fortunate enough to merry a lawyer or Dr.....

Now on the other side of the argument, YES sequences do change, and they do get more difficult, however it should not be a determining factor in witch the pilot is limited to move up due to the huge price variant.

Just my two pennies........

Matthew E. Finley
QCI - Technology Assistant
614-557-3846 Mobile