[NSRCA-discussion] NATS Participation

Phil chuenkan at comcast.net
Sun Nov 6 07:25:01 AKST 2016

Jim,

I understand your suggestion. However, there are a couple of points I'd make:

1) Judging is part of Pattern -- if you don't like it, then you could say everyone gets his turn in the barrel. lol Gotta have judging to have a contest.

2) I view judging as an opportunity for me to learn something -- especially about maneuver geometry, and mistakes to avoid.

3) Judging is an opportunity to "coach" others after their flight. In SPA, anyway, judges often make suggestions to a pilot who did something he may not be aware of that cost him a downgrade.

Phil Spelt, KCRC Emeritus
AMA 1294, Scientific Leader Member
SPA L-18, Board Member
Oliver Springs, TN (865) 435-1476v (865) 604-0541c