[NSRCA-discussion] My Head is Spinning

cahochhalter cahochhalter at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 6 06:46:27 AKST 2016

So if we turn pattern in more of a spectator sport wr will attract more pilots.
No one has addressed how the hobby itself has changed. The building of pla es is gone. 3D, helis, quads, fpv and our general ama focus is no where near pattern. Pattern is about the indiviual who decides they want to be better, its personal. Its attracting local pilots with other local pattern individuals thats keepa it going. It's not a magazine article, a scoreboard, the Nats, or the NSRCA.
Until we as individuals take responsibility for growing pattern and dont place blame on an organization such as the NSRCA for trying to keep up with change and no one knows the answer.
No one has mentioned poor judging at Nats, biased judging, lack of commitment to an event where at yhe end of the week the same few people are left to judge finals and then people complain about the lack of selection as some districts obviously are more commited than others so the judging pool is loaded for different parts of the country.
Comments made online about the success of ensuring some pilots made the finals in masters so they dont judge fai.
Do these things not hinder participation in pattern due to the negative perception of events and lack of effort to address them.
Moving the nats isnt going to fix anything, but it might bring a breath of fresh air into a sport that is stagnant.
Maybe mixing in spa / cpa would allow some cross over between disciplines, might both organizations grow?
Chuck