[NSRCA-discussion] My Head is Spinning

Snaproll4 at aol.com Snaproll4 at aol.com
Sat Nov 5 13:21:13 AKDT 2016

Ron, I respectfully disagree. I don't want to massage the current rules, I
want to blow them up.  Whatever we have now is not working.  We are
hemorrhaging pilots.  We went from 125 pilots at the NATS to 75 in several  years.
Local contests are lucky to get 20 pilots and the bulk are in Masters and
FAI.

Someone else brought up the weight rule.  Let's eliminate that  too.  One
of the main concerns for people is the cost.  Getting rid of  the weight rule
will help, but keep the size rule.  In any competition,  people who spend
more money will always have an advantage, but let's not exclude  the people
who don't want to do that.  I'd rather see a bunch of 12  pound planes flying
at a local contest than have only 12 pilots.

The problems are:  Time away from home, money and practice time  needed.
My previous post addresses all 3.

This next idea will really set people's hair on fire. Open the box to 75
degrees instead of 60.  As our members get older, their eyesight will get
worse and that will just be another reason why they quit.  At 75 degrees,
they can fly in closer.

Steve Miller