[NSRCA-discussion] F3P

tocdon at netscape.net tocdon at netscape.net
Thu Mar 24 18:58:47 AKDT 2016

Would absolutely like to thank my wife, Beth for helping with all the logistics and score running, echo thanks for Bob Kane for all the prompt score posting, Scott Smith for providing programming assitance (yes those half points in FAI that have to be figured in to the program) , Rex Lesher as F3P team selection committee chair for the hundreds of emails in coordination to make the Team Trials happen, Peter Vogel for printing the trophies (you have to read his K factor article for details) Mark Atwood for working the local logistics for the runway (my wife thanks you and yes I owe her big time) and all the folks at the AMA who helped make the event happen.  I echo Dave's thanks again for Derek for pulling together the judges and training.

The spirit award goes to Doug Bohanan for taking the challenge and giving indoor pattern a shot!   It was great seeing him progress during the weekend. His is my inspiration and poster for the future of indoor pattern.

Look out for some of the young pilots coming up through the ranks.  10 year old James Millson flew with poise and confidence.   We will be seeing more of him, Greyson, CJ, Matt and others- some which could not make it out for the event but will be competing in the future.

Best of luck for the team as they prepare for France. I did not get to see much of the flying, but did get some video shots in the blog for some of the flights in a "first person view" blog on RCU.  http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/team-rcu-don-szczur-329/11627931-2017-u-s-team-trials-indoor-rc-pattern-contest.html

Cheers!

Don