[NSRCA-discussion] Braking question

David Harmon k6xyz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 1 12:30:23 AKST 2016

Hi John….

I have flown the same motor, ESC and batteries in the same airplane trying to determine of there is any noticeable difference in the air and I cannot tell any difference.

Perhaps a timed ground run at partial throttle could determine how much MAH is used from the same battery if the test was repeated at various timing settings.

That would be interesting to see how that turns out.

I have used the same equipment at I believe 24 and 20 degrees as well and I could not determine any difference.

Perhaps any performance change would only be seen at full throttle…but then…we almost never use full throttle.

An Eagletree unit might be needed to really look into this.

Does anyone have any test data on varying the timing on these motors??

David Harmon

Sperry, OK