[NSRCA-discussion] Lipo disposal

ronlock at comcast.net ronlock at comcast.net
Tue Jun 14 05:12:05 AKDT 2016

To discharge old Lipos, I put them on charger to discharge.  Then plug them into an ordinary 117v, 250 watt heat lamp.
>From a discharged state, a few hours seems to kill them totally.  Lamp gets warm not hot.
A day or so later I repeat the discharge with lamp.

 (To adapt the lamp to lipo, I started with a hardware store adaptor that has female threads for ordinary light bulb,
to standard wall outlet prongs.  I added a cord with heat shrink to fit the outlet prongs, and my brand Lipo plug)

I also have a smoke detector in my in house shop.  It's not a solution, but increases warning time.
Ron