[NSRCA-discussion] F3A Championships circa 1971

chuenkan at comcast.net chuenkan at comcast.net
Thu Jan 28 08:31:01 AKST 2016

I just made time to watch the vid about the '71 WC! What an era that was. Jon commented about flying those planes -- well, we fly just those planes in the Senior Pattern Association. Despite the bad image we have among you NSRCA guys, we are now enforcing the to-plan building of our planes, and only allow 4-stroke engines and computer radios for convenience and as a nod to "progress". I'm not advertising for SPA, just sayin'...

My comment earlier was those guys didn't have computer mixing to trim their planes with (when someone commented on Strt Inv. Flight as a maneuver). I still have a Kraft 6-channel '83 Series radio with synthesized channel selection that has been narrow-banded (by KMI) , so I could use it -- but I won't. ;-{) It uses the 3-lead battery pack, so I'd have to build a new pack for it before I could fly it. Anyway, first 60-degree day (next Monday, here in TN) I plan to go out and pretend to be Ron or Jim. lol

I couldn't recognize what Phil K was flying in Doylestown -- what was his plane?

Phil Spelt, KCRC Emeritus
AMA 1294, Scientific Leader Member
SPA L-18, Board Member
(865) 435-1476v (865) 604-0541c