[NSRCA-discussion] 10s LiPo Charger Recommendation

Scott McHarg scmcharg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 05:17:46 AKDT 2015

Jerry,

I still have my original CellPro 10S that I bought in 2010 and have since
purchased a 10XP.  I put in a good chunk of flights per year and have had
exceptional fortune with these chargers.  The only thing I've done is
replace the fan.  For Christmas last year, I wanted to try the Graupner
Polaron chargers so I put it on the list.  I wound up getting the AC/DC one
for Christmas.  On 15V, I can charge 2 5S packs at 6 amps no problem.  If
I'm on AC power, the onboard power supply isn't quite as good and winds up
charging at 4 amps.  There are several versions out there that are capable
of charging more cells at higher amps as well.  I don't think that you can
charge straight off the balance boards like you can with the CellPros but
the graphing information is top notch.  It has many, many different
functions as well including programming ESCs (I haven't tried this out
yet).  Graupner updates the firmware frequently and brings new
possibilities to the table every time.  It is a bit of a pain to update the
firmware as 3 files are needed but it's only a pain because the update
fails sometimes and you have to repeat the part that failed and it's only a
couple clicks of the mouse to make that happen.  It's at least worth a look.

Hobbico/Tower Hobbies carries them and, like Mike, are a huge supporter and
advertiser with the NSRCA.  Here's a link if you'd like to check it out and
there are several videos on YouTube to get an idea.  I really do like mine.
  http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVSEARCH=Graupner+charger

*Scott A. McHarg*
VSCL / CANVASS U.A.S. Research Pilot
Texas A&M University
PPL - ASEL

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 7:50 AM, RJ Bohn via NSRCA-discussion <