[NSRCA-discussion] 2016 Advanced Figure M with 1/4 rolls

John Gayer jgghome at comcast.net
Sun Nov 15 14:02:25 AKST 2015

Yes the canopy looks better- up close.

Flying at 150 meters plus slant range to aircraft, it isn't highly
noticeable which side is presented. Also where is the downgrade?
Typically, as a judge, I'm too busy to notice that there has been an
effort to present the fuse top. I'm looking at radii, roll centering,
straight lines, quality of stall turns, altitude of tops, altitude of
bottoms, etc. I don't pay any attention to which side is presented and
wouldn't know what to do with the information if I did notice. There is
no downgrade available and I don't how you could add points for it.
However as a pilot, I would want to present the fuse top both times in
this maneuver because it makes the stall turns more natural.

John