[NSRCA-discussion] arm/disarm 10S

Peter Vogel vogel.peter at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 15:37:49 AKST 2015

That's pilot preference, it does prevent corrosion of the plugs.  I do it on most of my planes.

Sent from Outlook

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 1:21 PM -0800, "learn2turn via NSRCA-discussion" <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org> wrote:

Regarding an arming system, I don't fly 10S but from what I understand when you are up around 8-10S it is a bad idea to connect the batteries directly.  The caps on the front-end of the ESC can instantly draw a huge surge of current for a short time.  The arming systems for that sized pack usually have a button with a resister in series.  You hit the button for a few seconds and that lets the caps charge up slowly.  Then you plug the full-current connector in.
-Ken