[NSRCA-discussion] How to safely arm/disarm your motor packs?

lucky macy luckymacy at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 22 11:11:34 AKST 2015

 Hope the title isn't confusing nor do I wish to start any kind of philosophical 'war' on pit area safety, etc.

I hear there are 10S pattern setups that don't use an external arming plug.  That seems unsafe to me to have the batteries connected to the motor without an external physical circuit breaker but I'm probably overlooking some capability that can be set up using a Futaba 14MZ.  With the advanced planes that are a little awkward to a carry around armed and where the hatch has to be screwed into the fuse for extra canalyzer security it seems like an accident waiting to happen this way.

So for those that know how to relatively safely set this up could you pass on the formula?  My new Mythos doesn't have an external arming plug and I'm beginning to think I made a mistake.

thx,
lucky