[NSRCA-discussion] How High Can Drones Fly

Bill's Email wmalvey at cox.net
Wed Feb 11 06:33:25 AKST 2015

It is very common for smaller UAS opertors, like those who operate the
DJI Phantom quads, to illegally modify their antennas in order to fly at
greater distances and alitudes than the stock equipment would allow. A
company named "Flytrex" gives them that ability to log their flights and
post on line for "awards".

4,000 feet is entirely possible and almost commonplace for many of these
idiots.

http://www.flytrex.com/challenges/distance/

Bill