[NSRCA-discussion] How High Can Drones Fly

John Ford jsf106 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 03:58:46 AKST 2015

I am pretty sure they can. Saw a guy pull up to the field once who had a rather large one (4 ft rotor to rotor) and he had it up beyond visual range and from the view on the screen, he was somewhere between 3000 and higher, easily. He wasn't able to go far or do much due to battery capacity, but still.
Shocking though, he only had some "barely get it back" park-flyer modeling experience, but no flying or airspace knowledge. He was just "running a business".

A new breed…

John