[NSRCA-discussion] FAA Registration begins December 21

Keith Hoard klhoard at outlook.com
Fri Dec 18 06:20:39 AKST 2015

http://dronelawjournal.com/

There's some light reading for those of you who still think this is just about “putting a number” on our plane. The FAA considers models subject to the same Part 91 rules as full scale planes.

The certificated mechanics on this list can chime in with how many FAA Part 91 violations a typical pattern plane is now out of compliance. Does your 2M plane have a magnetic compass?  When is the last time it was swung and documented by an A&P?  Does your glow engine have two magnetos?  Do you document discrepancies in a logbook?  Documented an annual?  How about a horizon attitude reference with two power sources?  How about a calibrated altimeter and airsoeed indicator?  All of that is before you even get the plane out of your truck. How many of you know your VFR cloud clearances?
--Keith Hoard
--klhoard at outlook.com