[NSRCA-discussion] Message not going through

Keith Hoard klhoard at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 21 07:33:13 AKDT 2015

Tom,

Try:  "rm  -rf /"

-----Original Message-----
From: NSRCA-discussion [mailto:nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org] On
Behalf Of Tom Simes via NSRCA-discussion
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 10:27 AM
To: General pattern discussion
Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Message not going through

On 04/21/15 06:49, Tom Simes via NSRCA-discussion wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> The message above made it - at least according to the peanut gallery
> ;)
>
> I don't see any failures or refusals from your address in the server
> logs, but I'll be glad to follow up further if you can forward a
> bounce message or some more information to to on.

Ha!  Found it, the problem was a mail recursion hairball on a virtual server
that shares the same hardware as the NSRCA list server.  Due to a config
error, the machine couldn't send mail but could queue it and so it proceeded
to suck up 11G of disk space trying to send mail about not being able to
send mail...  Apologies.

--
Tom

   "Z80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, she's
         sucking mud again!" - Error message on XENIX v3.0

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com