[NSRCA-discussion] Club dues

Patrick Harris harris7148 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 10:42:42 AKDT 2014

I think you need to look at it from a business standpoint. You need to add
up all expected annual cost including field rent and maintenance,
infrastructure build outs, etc. You also need a contingency fund. If you
lose your lease it can cost a bunch to relocate to a new field. Then take
into account how much revenue you expect from events. Subtract that amount
from annual expenses and now you know how much you need to generate from
dues.

Our field runs about $4,500 a year to run. We generate about $1,000 from
events, so we need a minimum of $3,500 generated from dues, plus
contingencies. You then estimate how many members you expect to have. We
run around 50 members a year so we need dues to be a minimum of $70. We
charge $75 plus a $25 one time fee for new members. Keep in mind that's for
an existing club. You would probably need to be closer to $100 to $125 for
a new club to build reserves.