[NSRCA-discussion] Mac Hodges

Keith Hoard klhoard at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 18 05:45:46 AKDT 2014

However, 95% of what I just wrote about Hobby Town DOES NOT apply to Mac Hodges hobby shop. .

From: klhoard at hotmail.com
To: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org
Subject: RE: [NSRCA-discussion] Mac Hodges
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 08:44:49 -0500

Our club leadership is now constantly pleading with us to do business thru the Hobby Town - if they don't have it (which usually they don't), they'll order it.  Well, that's great but the shop is a 45 minute drive one-way for me and its the same 2-3 day wait if my stuff gets shipped to the Hobby Town or to my front door.  As for having the Hobby Town there for "help and advice" . . . all of the kids that work there are either car or "Magic the Gathering" card game players . . . so, I don't get much value added with that either.  I get more help posting on the mailing list and sifting thru all the opposing opinions than driving 45 minutes for a blank stare and "we can get that in by Friday".

I'm sorry, but buggy whip manufacturers went out of business when folks switched to automobiles.